View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Joint Ops Virtual Flying school - Part 6: Formation flying...for the fun of it

Hi Guys

It seems that their sessions are structured like this:
    1. Theory with slideshow or Test
    2. Practicing landing, Comms and Bogie Defence
    3. Introduction of new flight maneuvers

Before today's session I found out that the instructors write a small evaluation about every sessions. It seems that they think I am doing fine

The theory for today was about formation flying. Mr. Funflak spoke about what effects formation flying; ...
    Tags: joint-ops Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Joint Ops Virtual Flying school - Part 4 & 5: Tests, Bogie Attacks and navigation

yarn! I am tired.

I just finished two bad weather night navigation flights. The first one was mandatory, but since I did well and we had plenty of time Mr. FunFlak asked if I was game
    Guess what...
    It is hard to resist flying at night with clouds at less than 1000m, lightning striking the ground all around you; With rain hitting your windscreen

As part of the exercise I had to do the usual comm with the tower while doing a touch ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Joint Ops Virtual Flying school - Part 3: Test & Bogie Attack

Yesterday was parted into three. One part written test and two part flying. The test would be part written, part verbal.
    My instructor would read the question and post in the chat and I would answer in the chat. As a non-native english speaker/writer I was allowed to comment from time to time since my vocabulary is not as complete. The questions was a mix about the trainer(A6M2), general aircraft terms, aircraft physics and IL-2 keys.
    I will not go into the specifics as this would ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Joint Ops Virtual Flying school - Part 2: Leave your Ego at home

I am in that unlucky situation that I am the only student at this class, so for this session I ended up having have the fulltime attention of two instructors. This is not necessarily a bad thing (I managed to benefit from it).
    The first hour of my three hour lesson yesterday went with theory. Joint-Ops have access to a virtual blackboard in which they can run slideshows. The tech is old but quite useful. Before we started the blackboard session we went over my previous flight experience with ...
    Tags: basic, joint-ops Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Joint Ops Virtual Flying school - Part 1: Readiness

Why?
    Since some of you have been asking for a brief on my experience on Joint-Ops Virtual Combat School I will blog of it as often possible.

Five years ago when I was looking for a Sqd to join, I found Joint-Ops (JO). As this was not a Sqd I wandered on wowing to myself that I would get back as soon as possible; But have never imagined that it would take me five years get the time to enroll.

What does it takes
    Enrolling for training at JO is not ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast